Here it goes in no particular order (all favorite things shown in picture collage above):
1) Christmas Music: I have 4 CD covers shown above. It was hard to choose just a few, I wish I could do them all. Anyway I love Selah’s Rose Of Bethlehem, the classic Christmas With Bony M, Jars Of Clay’s Christmas Songs, and Sufjan Stevens Christmas Box Set which is probably the only hipster thing about me. (Honorable mention is the Nat King Cole Christmas collection and the new Michael Buble Christmas album)
2) Snow: It seems everyone but myself hates snow. And I totally understand that driving in it sucks. But can we all at least admit that when you have nowhere to go and you can sit inside and look outside, it is one of the most beautiful things to behold?
3) My Kids In Cute PJ’s: They are just way too cute in their sophisticated miracle on 34th street-esq holiday jammies.
4) Christmas Tree’s: I could have listed all Christmas decorations but the tree is like the king of them all. It is the one piece of decor that bring all the rest together and it is by far the coziest.
5) Chocolate: By the end of the Christmas season no one want’s to see a piece of chocolate again! But at the beginning of the season I love me some Turtles and Ferrer Roche’s! Nom Nom Nom!
6) Christmas Lights: It is a tradition that we go for drives around the city as a family and look at Christmas lights. I even like the terribly tacky lights! I appreciate every effort people make…even when they are not so good!
7) Christmas Tree Farm’s: I love searching for the perfect tree at a tree farm! I can’t think of anything more seasonally festive than that! And it is just plain fun to place my kid on a fake reindeer for a photo-opt!
8 ) Seeing Ben In Our Church Christmas Pageant: This year was the first year Ben got to get up on stage with his preschool class and sing a couple of Christmas songs. He did great and it was so fun to watch him do it! I look forward to so many more of those opportunities!
9) Starbucks Egg-Nog Chai Tea Latte: Ummm yeah…soooo good!!!
10) Nativity Scenes: I love really simple Nativity Scenes…which is actually nothing like the one I have. I would love to get another one, but they tend to be very expensive. I still like mine, however I feel it is not as plain as I would like it to be.
Anyway, that is all for now. I hope you are enjoying the season as much as I am!